This Friday begins the 2012 Reebok CrossFit Games, the final competition arena on the road to find the “Fittest Man and Fittest Woman on Earth!” If you were lucky enough to get tickets, this will be an exciting weekend for sure! If you did not get tickets, no worries – the Games are being broadcast live on ESPN 3.
If you are dying to be close to the action there are still limited access spectator tickets available. There are a few gals in the gym who are going this route, so you would be among friends! In person or not, this is a competition you will not want to miss!
Here are our top 10 reasons you should watch the Games:
1. You CrossFit. You know exactly what the athletes are doing out there during their WODs.
2. Motivation. Watching pull-ups, muscle-ups, L-sits, double-unders, etc. should motivate you to come a little early to class and practice.
3. Fitness. These athletes are fit. They are nice to gaze upon.
4. Gossip. Everyone will be discussing these events on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram, and we all know how vital these social media outlets are to our survival.
5. Competition. Perhaps you have an itch to compete and this might just send you over the edge.
6. Brainfood. You will learn how these athletes train, eat, sleep and motivate themselves, and perhaps implement these regiments yourself.
7. Gear. There will be plenty of vendors at the games and plenty of opportunity to see everyone in the crowd sporting cute CrossFit shirts, tees, and socks. We all know how much we love our gear!
8. CrossFit-Aholics. Come out to the Home Depot Center and meet other fanatics who are gathering to celebrate our sport.
9. Girl Power. Watch the top female athletes from around the world take the stage and put it all on the line to become the “Fittest on Earth.”
10. Cool Factor. Because everyone else will be doing it.
Everything you need to know is at www.CrossFitGames.com, including schedules, workouts, maps of the venue, driving directions, live broadcast and more!
posted by ali for tuesday, july 10th, 2012