today is the day!
This is it! If you have been thinking about the I Am CrossFit Challenge – today is the day! Registration opens at noon. Check the reminders below for details and registration link. We coaches are holding our collective breath! We can’t wait to see who will be transformed this year!
While we wait… here is a little advice from Lisbeth Darsh:
Ten Ways To Be a Better Crossfitter
10. Hold the bar straight.
9. Pay attention to your breathing.
8. Use less chalk. Really.
7. Read the CrossFit Journal articles and watch the videos. What’s this going to take? Like 15 min a day? Worth the time and worth the $25 per year. Stop whining and commit.
6. Stop whining and commit. Yeah, that was so good and simple, it needed to be said again and for like all of life.
5. Put sh** away where it belongs. You might call it housekeeping but, really, it’s a form of discipline. You don’t want bumpers or collars or KBs or whatever all over the place. Pick your item, use it, and put it away. Mental discipline is as important as physical discipline, maybe even more so.
4. Get to class 15 minutes early, all the time. Use that extra time not to chat or work on stuff you’re good at — use it to suck. Suck at L-sits, suck at deadhang pull-ups, suck at KB snatches. All the stuff you and your ego have been avoiding. Put on your big girl panties and do the stuff you don’t want to do. It’s called being a grown-up. And a CrossFitter. Go do it.
3. Shut up about programming. Nobody’s ever happy with programming unless they’re the ones doing the programming. Do the workouts. If you’re getting stronger and quicker and feel better, guess what? The programming is working. And if you’re not getting stronger or quicker and you don’t feel better, grab a coach and address your concerns privately.
2. Pay attention. Stop chatting and daydreaming and goofing off. Focus.
1. Stop praying at the bar. Gather yourself, address the bar, breathe, and lift. Don’t make it more complex — in movement or thought — than it needs to be. Lift the flippin’ bar.
Which one do you need to work on? For me (jill), it’s definitely praying at the bar…
I AM CROSSFIT
Registration for this session’s challenge opens TODAY at 12pm. If you want in, be ready to register right at noon. The last three challenges sold out within minutes. Get all of the details, and REGISTER HERE.
Nutrition Talk is this coming Saturday. Registration will close on Thursday to ensure that we have adequate materials for Saturday. Get all of the details, and REGISTER HERE. There will be no 9:15am class this Saturday!
Registration opens Friday! Get all of the details HERE. Look for this race to sell out! If you want in, be ready at 9am Friday!
3-3-3-3-3 (pick a barbell)
AMRAP 8 min
10 Toes to bar
50’ Bear crawl
5 Snatch Grip Deadlift
7 Strict Pullups
4 rds (not for time)
AMSAP Handstand holds
25 abmat situps
posted by jill for wednesday, january 16th, 2013